March 2, 2012

100th Day of School!!!

Although I don't have a memory of celebrating the 100th day of school 25 years ago, apparently the 100th day of school is a big deal nowadays! Especially for kindergartners! Our family project for the 100th day of school was to "create" an outfit that represented the number 100. So we thought and thought all week to come up with an original idea. For some reason I've always been the kind to think better under pressure so the night before, while at another school function, I had a great idea. When we got home I shared the idea with Brandon and Rylie and they agreed! Here's what we came up with...

Rylie and his "hand" crafted 100th day of school outfit...showcasing 100 "high-fives."
Rylie appears to be crying in this picture because he was crying. After all that hand painting and handprint stamping, he decided his outfit was too silly and someone might make fun of him for wearing it to school. Being the mean mom I am, there was no way he wasn't going to wear that outfit to school after all that work. It took quite a bit of convincing, but by the time I dropped him off at school he no longer feared his friends making fun of him. 

His teacher commented about how great his outfit was and that it was one of the most creative ideas of the day! Mission accomplished! You ask this momma for creativity and you shall receive. I don't like losing or coming in last...even on kindergarten dress-up day. (I know...competitive attitudes are not always good, but it was a gift from my Dad and my Mom...it's not something I can just walk away from). Now we have to make a homemade stick horse for Western Day coming up in a few weeks. Fun times!!! (And I'm not even being sarcastic).

No comments:

Post a Comment