For those who know Matt and I now and didn't know us back when we were kids...you'd never believe how much we HATED each other growing up. It was bad. Matt actually tried to kill me once. He won't admit it, but it's a true story. He tried to run me over. He poured a tall glass of red Kool-Aid on the hood of my brand new silver Honda...I got out yelling, which set him off, he got into my car and literary tried to run me over. I ran all the way to our Nanny's house, which was only two streets over. I had to run on other people's yards to avoid my crazy brother who was following close behind me. He wasn't legal to drive yet. It was a site. Thankfully my Nanny was home and was able to get us both calmed down.
Oh, the memories. There are so many. Good, bad and worse. I remember Dad used to always tell us...you two have to get along...one day all you are going to have is each other. If Dad only knew how true those words would become after his passing. It's been a rough year and a half and if it wasn't for my brother I'm not sure I'd of made it. When no one else understands why I feel the way I feel about my Dad, Matt understands...most of the time without me even having to tell him. It's a connection no one will ever be able to take from us.
Sometimes I worry over my brother as much as I do over my own children. He holds a very special place in my heart...even though I'd never tell him that...neither one of us are much on verbally expressing love to others (thanks Dad for passing that on)! So, here's to many more birthday celebrations for my little brother!
| Little Brother & Big Sister, 02.13.2012. |
So sweet Lindsay. I knew ya'll didn't like each other, but I don't think I knew about him trying to kill you! I'm so glad you both have each other and have a stronger relationship now. Never lose this.
ReplyDelete