November 21, 2011

Photography Basics Week 3.

This week I had some trouble getting my homework done. Not because of the assignment, but because our lives are always so incredibly busy!!! This week's assignment covered composition, which is not something I typically feel I struggle with. However, I will admit, when you are working on a composition assignment it is easy to over-think and get caught up in trying to capture the "perfect" shot rather than interacting with your subject.

Here's a few shots of my sweet kiddos from this week...

ISO: 100
Aperture: f/5.3
Shutter Speed: 1/50
Composition Element Used: Simplicity

ISO: 320
Aperture: f/5
Sutter Speed: 1/800
Composition Element Used: Color, Lines, Pattern

ISO: 320
Aperture: f/6.3
Shutter Speed: 1/100
Composition Element Used: Color, Shape, Framing
I love this image, but if you look carefully you will notice a shinny silver bolt just over the top of his ear. I hesitated to use this photo because of it, but as it turns out I liked everything else about it, so I decided to go with it!




2 comments:

  1. What class are you taking? 0nline or reading?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an on-line class. Check out Brooke Snow Photography. I loved the class and highly recommend it to you, or anyone. Sometime in the future, when time permits, I would love to take another of her classes!

      Delete