Although it's not actually official yet, it feels good to belong again. Since we left Weatherford, somewhat reluctantly, over two years ago our family has struggled with not belonging...specifically to a local church. This has affected our lives on so many levels. But it's with praise to God that we can finally say, we belong again. And, oh!, what a relief!
Our search for a home church has been a tiring one. We attended churches in Greenville, Royse City, Rockwall and all the small churches in between. It's been a long road, to say the least. However, as it turns out we landed back at the first church we visited upon moving to the area, Lakeshore Church of Rockwall. The church itself is quite nice, but the real "church," that is the people of the church are even better. They are absolutely amazing. (Now, I know I have a lot of W'ford gals reading this, and I need you to know you ladies have made a forever impact on my heart and are NOT replaceable, but God did call us away from there and I have to have support here too. Just a shout out to you all and a reminder of how much love I STILL have for you precious ladies)!!! We have been welcomed consistently with warm hearts and hands, and it is a refreshing feeling.
Brandon and I have both been able to make some connections, which I'm sure will produce solid friendships over time. All four of the big kids have connected and plugged into groups of great God-fearing children as well. In fact, just this weekend Brandon and the two oldest boys went away on a Royal Rangers camping trip and came back with endless stories of new friendships and exciting tales.
It's just a great feeling to be settled again. To know there is a place where you can go when trouble can't seem to escape your presence. To know there are people who love you for who you are and aren't all at the same time. It's a great feeling, and I'm so happy to be at this point in our lives. Looking back I thought it could never be as good as it was in the past, but in many ways it's better. God has a way of doing that, though. He has good things in store for us, plans to bring us hope and a future as stated in Jeremiah 29:11.
After service today we attended the new members luncheon and spent time with some of the awesome, down-to-earth leaders of Lakeshore, confirming even more that we are indeed following God's will in regards to this aspect of life. As today comes to an end, I am overflowing with love, happiness and pure joy at our new sense of belonging. While there are still many things in my life that are unanswered and debilitating, I choose to focus on the good, the very good, at this moment! And I am so thankful for this huge blessing and answered prayer.
Thank you, Lord, for all you've done and that which you will do in our lives in the future. We are in awe of your love for us.
that is so encouraging. I'm glad you found a home! We still miss you!
ReplyDeleteAnd we miss all of you guys too!
Delete