That night also happened to be family fun night. We took a suggestion from Cati and Braden's counselor a few weeks ago and now plan something special to do as a family every Thursday. Last week was a craft project. Everyone enjoyed crafting, even Brandon and my mom. Reese, as you will see, enjoyed painting both his craft and his body. What a fun kid he is turning out to be. I just love him to pieces!
October 5, 2009
Another Birthday and Family Crafts.
This past Thursday was my day to turn 29. Although it's a harsh reality to be that much closer to 30, I had a great day that included a lunch date with Brandon and NO kids. (My mom offered to babysit for us). It was wonderful! While we were out and Cati and Braden were at school, my mom supervised as the boys baked me a cake. She let them do all the work, including cracking the eggs into the bowl...brave woman. It was a great cake and so special to me because it was made with love by my boys.

That night also happened to be family fun night. We took a suggestion from Cati and Braden's counselor a few weeks ago and now plan something special to do as a family every Thursday. Last week was a craft project. Everyone enjoyed crafting, even Brandon and my mom. Reese, as you will see, enjoyed painting both his craft and his body. What a fun kid he is turning out to be. I just love him to pieces!


Now I just have to work on embracing my age and stop worrying so much about turning 30 next year. I don't know why it bothers me so much, but it sure does. Like my dad says...turning 30 is better than the alternative. I guess he's right.
That night also happened to be family fun night. We took a suggestion from Cati and Braden's counselor a few weeks ago and now plan something special to do as a family every Thursday. Last week was a craft project. Everyone enjoyed crafting, even Brandon and my mom. Reese, as you will see, enjoyed painting both his craft and his body. What a fun kid he is turning out to be. I just love him to pieces!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love reading your blog. You're so good at it. I'm turning 29 in November... can't believe it!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! a little bit late. What a fun day. You and Brandon are doing an incredible job raising 4 children, especially with all the adjusting that all everyone is having to do. I'm so impressed. Have you all found a church yet?
ReplyDeleteit's been the best year of my life so far.
ReplyDeletejust trust me, being 30 is SOOOOO cool!
Steph, no church yet. Still looking, but starting to feel discouraged about it. Pray for us.
ReplyDeleteOK, Pennie, I'm trusting you! Or, at least I'm trying to trust you. Thanks for the encouragement.
I enjoyed very much being able to spend your birthday with you and also participate in family fun nite. It also freaked me out a little that you turned 29! Yeaks!!! However, look how much we've been blessed in this amount of time.
ReplyDeleteI don't know if I wished you a Happy BDay on fb... here's an extra one just in case... what a gift to have that time with your hubby!;)... I'm turning 35... it flies!! Standing with you on the church thing... I feel so blessed that we just knew after we tried NRF... wish you were still around... praying for you that the decision will just jump out at you!
ReplyDelete