January 28, 2009

Snow...sort of.

This morning I woke up to a really loud little voice saying "Look, Mom, it's snow out there." After a night of off and on crying coming from Rylie's room I wasn't ready to wake up, and I certainly wasn't ready to bundle up and head outside so the boys could see and play with all the "snow" that accumulated over night. But it's all part of the job right? Let them explore, let them learn and let them be boys. So after breakfast we bundled up and headed outdoors. We weren't out too long, but long enough to feed the curiosity that little boys have when they see white substance all over the ground, that let's face it, is not too common around here.
Fashion was the least of my worries, not that it's ever a real priority...but today their outfits border lined ridiculous. Under their outer layers are those great warm footed PJ's with an extra pair of socks just in case. At least they were warm...hopefully. I managed to get a few pictures, although most of the time I was busy catching Reese as he lost his footing many times. I'm not sure if that was because of the ice or the boots. (This was his first rodeo in cowboy boots).
The biggest disappointment for Rylie, we couldn't build a snowman like we did last year. Sorry little guy.

It took a few minutes for Reese to gain control of those boots on the ice. I know he doesn't match, but he's so darn cute!

Reese felt it necessary to mow the ice. It was a little out of control.

"Whoa, Mom. Look at me, I'm running." Although that didn't last for long. He he he.

Getting down the hill was easy, getting back up the hill...not so much.

2 comments:

  1. It's too funny that your last post shows them in short sleeves shirts!!! Cute pictures...we also played outside for a "little" but I didn't get any pictures. I was too busy dodging the ice balls Noah was throwing...yikes! Glad you guys enjoyed it and got some pics for memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way too cute!! We were home too these past two days but we didn't go out and play in it. We just had ice accumulation..no snow...

    ReplyDelete