Last night Brandon was putting a new pair of Converse All-Star shoes on Rylie so we could head out to lifegroup. (Brandon is not a big fan of the shoes, but I love them. And because I found them for 50 cents at a yard sale I had to give them a whirl...even though I know Rylie's feet are thick and hard to fit). Brandon was having difficulty getting the shoes on, especially because he didn't pull the laces loose...and got too frustrated. He pronounced really loud..."Rylie...your feet are too fat." I, feeling sorry for Rylie although his feet are "thick," glared at Brandon with a "maybe you should rephrase that statement look." Brandon attempted to cover his frustration with the following:
Brandon: "Rylie, where did you get those big feet of yours anyway?"
We knew the answer should have been Daddy, but...
Rylie: "Umm, GOD!"
How cute is that? I am forever asking Rylie who made the trees, the birds, the water, the sky...all things that God made. And by golly, God also made his fat feet. I smiled about this all the way to lifegroup. Kids can be so cute and not even intend to be. I just love him. What a cutie!
I can relate to your "thick" foot problem! Noah had such thick feet for awhile...luckily they have gotten better or shoes are being made better at his size! I love this story though cause we try to teach them stuff and then when they replay it to us it always catch us by surprise!
ReplyDeletetoo cute. put brandon in his place! but where the pic of the shoes, i didn't notice them last night and i'm a big fan of converse and boys. though owen has none yet.
ReplyDeleteha! funny kid. miss you guys! hope lifegroup was good.
ReplyDeleteThat's terrific! kids say the greatest things - sometimes... :)
ReplyDeleteThat is too cute! Kids say the darndest things!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are doing something right around your home. With your boys and your husband! Cute story!
ReplyDelete