This past weekend we took a trip to visit my mom in east Texas. We went there to build a flagstone walkway to the entrance of her house. And considering we have never built anything like that before, we did a great job. Unfortunately I forgot to take pics, so I'll try to have her take a few and send them over for me to add later.
While there Brandon was attacked by a Black Widow, okay it was just a bite, but he suffered a great deal. Shortly after it happened he started feeling heavy pain in his hand and arm, and it continued to spread over the next several hours. At one point he even had trouble breathing properly, but he refused to go to the hospital. We watched over him and had half of New River Fellowship praying over him that evening. He is much better now, although he is still experiencing muscle pain in his lower back and legs. According to info I've been given that will continue for a week or so. It's amazing to think how harmful a little spider can be.
As if that wasn't eventful enough, Brandon decided to rescue a turtle he almost ran off the road and Rylie fell in love with him, or her...I don't know how to tell. So for two days I had to hear how much Rylie loved this turtle and how it would break his little heart to leave him behind (which I'm sure was all a ploy to convince me without convincing me that we should let Rylie keep him). So, turns out I gave in. We know have a pet turtle. I feel like the turtle should at least have a name, but every time I ask Rylie "what about (insert any turtle-friendly name here)," he says "no, what about A. Turtle." So for now Mr. Turtle that is all I can do for you. Rylie has decided...A. Turtle it will be. A friend donated a home for A. Turtle and we went out tonight and bought turtle food...perhaps he will like it more than the lettuce I've been feeding him over the past few days. I hope we can provide him a happy home. I know nothing about turtles so this is all Brandon's thing...which is a little scary (for the turtle).
I LOOOVE that name! So awesome! We will still continue to pray for Brandon and sounds like we need to pray for Mr. A. Turtle!
ReplyDeletehaha. A turtle is perfect. I didn't know the pet stage started so early! Hopefully it's just a boy thing. :)
ReplyDeletetoo funny. as if the pugh clan didn't already have enough mouths to feed, right! can't wait 2 meet the new addition.
ReplyDelete