Earlier today Brandon had to take Rylie to a near-by park to release A. Turtle from captivity. This was something we had talked about a few times over the past two days. It just wasn't working out (he wouldn't eat) and we were worried that he might not make it unless he was allowed to roam in a natural setting again. I, of course, wanted no part of this since I knew it would be hard on Rylie. (I know...selfish, but honest). I felt a little sad about letting him go myself. I think mainly because this was Rylie's first "pet" and also, I am a bit worried he might not make it since he's been out of that particular habitat for a week. Rylie cried briefly, but seems okay with the idea now. He got a new truck on the way home (from a yard sale) and that seemed to help the healing along, according to Daddy. We'll miss you A. Turtle, but I have a feeling you are in a much better place.
awe! that's sad. I'm sure A.Turtle will miss Rylie!
ReplyDeleteI couldn't have watched either!!! that makes me want to cry!!
ReplyDelete