August 20, 2008

My Little Liar

So today about mid-day Rylie came down with something...what I don't know. It was right after lunch and he starting crying and whining (very out of the ordinary for Rylie). Finally I was able to get out of him that his ear hurt. At first I thought it was odd that he out of no where got an ear ache, so honestly I blew it off for about 45 minutes. Then however, he started to really act odd. He was crawling around the house, crying very loudly and kept saying he needed "Mommy." So of course I knew he was being serious at this point. I tried everything, lying in bed with him so he could go to sleep, rocking him, carrying him around, really everything. Finally after almost an hour I was able to get him calm enough to fall asleep while I rocked him and he was at rest. Because he had no fever I thought, perhaps when he wakes up he'll be doing better...maybe he was just really tired?!? He slept for almost an hour, woke up screaming and at that point I was worried. He had developed a low-grade fever, so because I ran out of Tylenol earlier today I decided to get both boys out in order to get some more. The entire time we were gone Rylie was what I would call going-down-hill. He couldn't even sit up in the shopping cart...I had to hold him. So I ran through the store (as fast as I could pushing Reese in a cart while holding Rylie) and rushed home planning to call the doctor once I got some more meds in his system. But...as soon as Rylie downed the medicine he was just fine. No joke...instantly. He still had the low-grade fever, but he even looked up at me and said "All better, I had medicine." What on earth? Are you kidding me. I was convinced something was terribly wrong with him. If my kid can pull this kind of thing before he is three, what all is in store for me? I've seriously got to get things together, and fast.

1 comment:

  1. That's too funny! Kids can be so dramatic and so hard to tell when they are really sick! For the past 3 days Noah has been getting up sickly then after breakfast he acts better until bedtime. I don't know what is going on with him. Both he and Ethan are running a low grade fever. Little Ethan truly has not been feeling good for the past few days. So having said all that I will not be at Bible study tmrw. So hope you guys have a good one. I am trying the keep them at home, resting, and on medicine so maybe this cold will go way!!! I have been at home since Monday!

    ReplyDelete