August 21, 2008

Enough Already!



This year our church hosted a preschool VBS, so Rylie attended. He seemed to have a great time. But he is still having a great time and I'm ready to call it quits. The theme this year was Beach Party, Surfin' the Word. I taught an older age group therefore I was given a CD to learn the songs. Well, it's fair to say I have them all memorized.
Here's the deal...somehow the CD got left in the Jeep, probably because that is just where it landed. I rarely listen to music at home and since I needed to learn the songs I'm sure at some point I thought it would be best done while I was driving the kids around town or running errands. But once the beach party was over I neglected to remove the CD. (Big mistake). Now that months have passed, I can't remove the CD. Well, I could be I don't want to break his little heart. Every time we get into the Jeep, before we can even back out of the driveway, Rylie has a request, or two..."Beach Party, please" and sometimes depending on who drove last, "Turn it up." All I can do is think "not again." But he is singing about Jesus and God's word I tell myself. That is great! I'm suppose to be excited about it, but really I just wish the CD would break! Here's the rest of the deal...it's not only a car thing. When we are home he knows the words by heart and even though there is no CD to sing along with, he climbs on the fireplace or the coffee table (only after carefully placing anything that might have been on his choice of platform to the floor to assure there are no distractions while he dances and attempts to surf) and sings his little heart out. Sometimes he even dresses in costume...if he can find where I tried to hide the leis, and convince me with big puppy dog eyes to "reach them for my."
Really this is not a huge problem, but I can only take so much "Beach party, surfin' the word of God." Before this came about he favorite CD was The Doodlebops who sing about cauliflower...so I suppose if I had to pick it would be Beach Party (for educational purposes only). I only hope next year the church goes with a VBS program with better music, because I for one am tired of "Surfin' the word."

1 comment:

  1. haha... that's funny... but I feel for ya. I'm not quite at that stage. So much to look forward to right?! I was thinking we should plan another girls' night out... or in. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete