August 3, 2009

Meet Ellie.

No, Ellie is not our new daughter. It's our new vehicle. We finally have a vehicle that will accommodate our newly expanded family. So NO more multiple vehicle trips! The kids all love Ellie as does Brandon. I am still adjusting and don't have much experience driving limo length vehicles so we haven't been going many places this week. I'm sure I'll get in the swing of things quick enough...maybe...if I can get over my fear of driving Ellie.
Why do we call her Ellie you ask? Well, the day we purchased her we headed over to Brandon's father's place to pick up Cati and Braden and when we walked outside and saw the ginormous Chevy sitting in the drive way tears started pouring out of my eyes. (It's not that I am ungrateful, but this is not the kind of vehicle I would have chosen under normal circumstances. I am VERY grateful to God for His provision, but I was having a selfish moment. Yes, I'm selfish sometimes.) Brandon's grandmother walked up to me and this is what followed:

Ruby (B's grandma): What's wrong sweetie?
Me (while sobbing): I just can't believe that huge thing is our new vehicle. It's so big it looks like...
Ruby: ...it looks like a big elephant.
Me (sobbing and laughing at the same time): Yes an elephant, or maybe two side by side.

So now we are the proud (well technically one of us is still working her way toward proud) owners of a BIG Chevy Trailblazer named Ellie. I'm sure Ellie will transport us to many great places over the next several years and probably be the source of many fine Pugh family memories. Fun times lie ahead...let's go Ellie!

3 comments:

  1. You are too funny!! That's awesome ... congrats :) Just remember they don't make small vehicles that can transport a family of 6!!! And if they did everyone would be so close the ride wouldn't be good because of all the screaming & fighting!!! Enjoy the LIMO :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we 1st got my SUV I was too nervous to drive it home from the dealer... now I couldn't imagine life without it!

    ReplyDelete