The last few days have been pretty rough. We are definitely starting to see the effects of Cati and Braden living with us. It's hard on all of us, but Brandon and I have decided Rylie and Reese are the two suffering the most. We aren't ready to give up, but are praying for endurance, peace, love, joy and so many other things that have seem to gone missing since their arrival. We are still convinced that we are living in God's will and following His plans for our lives at this time. We aren't sure what the future holds, but we are hoping whatever it holds there are more smiles around the corner.
Today I decided we would take advantage of the story time hosted by the Royse City public library, and I'm so glad we did. When we got there everyone was gathering outside in the lawn, which was scary at first because of the HOT weather. A few minutes later a truck and large trailer pulled up right in front of us. Inside was a cow from a nearby dairy farm. The kiddos all got to see the farmer milk the cow and learned a lot about milk and why we should drink at least three classes a day. (Thanks dude, I already have to buy four gallons a week). It was fun for all, and the best part for me...the librarian handed out FREE chick-fil-a kid's meal tickets to all the kids. We scored a few extra meal tickets when the kids signed up for a summer reading program too. (You must know by now there's not much I love more than coupons).
Cati and Braden both came home and read an entire chapter book each while the little boys napped. My only complaint...I wish I would have discovered the summer reading program earlier. Not only does it give them something to do, with every five books they read they are given another dinner coupon from a local fast food place. Score! I love reading...and coupons! It's been a much better day today. Keep us in your prayers for easier adjustment to all the changes. Hope you have a cow-riffic day.
No comments:
Post a Comment