November 7, 2008

Progress Report.

It seems like time moves faster with each passing day. And many days I don't find the time to sit and write about all the exciting times I would love to sit and write about. So here is a quick update...because if I don't take the time for an update today, one day I'll be sad I didn't.

Little Reese:
Is walking. It happened very gradually (much unlike Rylie). He has been taking one to two steps for close to a month now. But I think the tide changed dramatically when he spent a week with his DeeDee in Mt. Vernon. He left for her house toddling, with decent confidence, but came home walking with no hesitation. Yeah Reese!

Is learning lots of words. Some of my favorite include: goof-ball, "cocks" (which is how he says socks), and poo poo (I just love the way it sounds when he says it). Some of his favorites: eat, ju-ju (which is how he refers to anything he can drink), and bite. I'm assuming these are his favorite words since they are the ones I hear most often. Guess it's not hard to pick out his favorite past-time too.

Is eating with a spoon and fork. Okay this blows me away since Rylie still hasn't mastered the fork yet. Reese has it down and doesn't miss a beat. It's amazing that a 17 month old can use dinner utensils as well as he does. He makes a mess...but it's worth it most of the time just to watch him eat as pride swells in my heart.

Mr. Rylie:
Can read. Well, actually he has just memorized his favorite book Brown Bear Brown Bear. But he can make it all the way through the book without any help. Every time he finishes the book there are huge tears pouring out of my eyes. (When did my baby get big enough to read a book to himself)? I have been trying to explain my tears are happy tears and not "upset" tears. He is so big...and yes, there is a lot of pride for him in my heart as well.

Can sing his ABCs. This kinda came out of nowhere. We used to sing the ABCs to him all the time, but haven't recently at all. One night after we had tucked him in and left his room I heard him singing. I walked over and stood outside his door to make sure he wasn't being too loud for Reese to wake and realized he was actually singing his ABCs. Again there were tears. (I guess I am going to be that mom that cries happy tears every time my child accomplishes something new).

Has a best friend...although it changes quite often. Sometimes his best friend is Owen...sometimes Daddy...sometimes Uncle Matt and once it was Pop Pop. I suppose it depends upon who he most recently played with or talked to on the phone. Regardless it's so cute to hear him say my best friend is.... Another sign that my little boy is growing up.

All is well with the Pugh family. We are living life and loving it right now with our two growing boys. Rylie said the other day he is ready for a sister...but Mommy and Daddy are more than happy with just the four of us for now. The thought of a sister is there, but it's still a distant thought.

2 comments: