Thursdays are my bible study days. After breakfast we head up to the church for a few hours so I can participate in a bible study with some of the wonderful gals in my life and the boys spend the time playing with their buddies in the preschool area. We all enjoy Thursdays just because it's a change of pace. But today someone got his little feelings hurt at bible study.
Once we were home and while I was making a quick lunch Rylie decided to tell me his heart hurt. (We say this to him when he says mean or hurtful things to us and Reese). Evidently one of the little boys Rylie played with today hurt his heart by calling Rylie a "baby." I don't know who called him that or why, but he sincerely seemed bothered by it...and I think a little piece of my heart broke for him while he was telling me the story. Rylie could not understand why I couldn't make the little boy sit in time-out. So I decided to tell him a little white lie...his mommy made him sit in time-out when he got home from bible study.
Rylie is fine and will probably not even remember the incident once he wakes from his nap. I did have to do a lot of convincing that he was indeed a "big boy." (Which of course is something he is so ready to be). I'm hoping now that this has happened to him, he will be more careful about saying ugly things to us in the future. Although I'm sure he is still too young to draw parallels on such things. But it won't hurt to use it as an example if need be.
awe, poor Rylie. Your such a good Mommy Lindsay.
ReplyDelete