Later in the evening as I was waiting for Brandon to get home from work we had some drama play out across the street. The boys and I were standing at the front door waiting for our hero to get home from work and I notice while starring out the glass door there were a couple of people in my neighbor's back yard. Our house is on a slight hill, which allows me to see very clearly into his back yard. The two men had jumped the fence three times before I really freaked out. At that point I hurried to find my neighbor's phone number (which was a chore since my cell phone was dead, of course). I called and explained I wasn't trying to be nosey, but that some men were in his back yard. Seconds later he ran out of the house in his underwear (embarrassing for many) and tried to chase down one of the two guys who jumped the fence out of his yard as soon as they realized what was going on. One got away, but the other gave up and willingly walked back with my neighbor to discuss what was supposedly going on. Meanwhile he yelled over at me to call the cops. So I did. At least I knew not to call 911, they really would have thought we were nuts. So the cops came out after my neighbor, still in his underwear, got tired of waiting and let the guy leave. (I did not and do not agree with that decision). So then my super NOSEY neighbor, who wasn't even here when all this happened, decided he would talk to the cops first. Now I know from dealing with cops through the news station this didn't look good. Picture this...you have two weird grown men, one still in his underwear, arguing about what happened in front of two cops. I know they are having a good laugh about it at the station right about now. Thing of it is...neither one of these guys saw the men and what they were doing in the back yard. But I wasn't about to get into it. Brandon and I just walked away to enjoy what little time we had as a family before he had to leave for bible study at the church.
Ugh...so after all that I have to share something positive...here are some cute pics of the boys playing in the back yard today amidst all the drama. The playing part was tons of fun for them. The cleaning up part was not so much fun for mom, but that's about right...and honestly, it was worth it to see them have that much fun. Plus I really needed a laugh today!
I too could have done without the "bible study drama". Not sure what we learned from that one today! Thanks for trying to help out with the situation :)
ReplyDeleteI hope your day tomorrow is alot less dramatic. Poor thing with the live episode of Cops going on in your neighborhood. "Bad boys, bad boys, what'cha gonna do, what'cha gonna do when the come for you?" Cops was filmed live on location in Lindsay Pugh's neighborhood!!!
I wish you a Friday of laughs and no drama! Night
so i'm curious to know what they were doing...don't leave us hanging!
ReplyDeleteBesides jumping the fence back and forth several times, I also saw them peering into my neighbor's side window. I hope it was harmless, but it has made me quite nervous since it happened. If they would have been in our yard and looking into our windows we would have pressed charges. I wouldn't want them to go to jail or anything major, but I don't believe what they were doing was okay and I think people have to learn lessons. So now everyone can think I'm a meanie.
ReplyDelete