September 16, 2008
Where are you fall?
Okay, so I know it's not fall, but really who can resist this great weather we have been having the last couple of days. Fall is by far, my favorite time of the year. I love fall for many reasons, the weather, the colors, the feel of freshness in everything around you. Fall is also the time of year when Brandon would return home from his over-sea deployments all those years. I distinctly remember sitting out on our front porch, with my great friend and neighbor (at the time) talking of all the exciting things we'd do once the guys came home. I miss those days. Not Brandon always being gone, but the friendship and fellowship of that dear friend and the fall mornings and evenings we shared. It's strange, even to me, but now-a-days when I think of fall I can't help but think of us sitting there chatting up a storm in our lightweight jackets and slippers. Oh, how I long for fall and all that comes with it. It's edging in...the temperature has dropped, pigskin controls the TV (at least it does in our house), and leaves are starting to change. I am so ready for fall, and all it entails.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me too!! I am ready for fall and have really enjoyed this nice weather we've been having.
ReplyDeleteI agree too! Fall is my favorite time of year. Not too hot or too cold. It's a great time for family especially with Thanksgiving.
ReplyDeleteI agree!! I love fall..I knew you'd get your fall background up soon!! I can't wait to use our pellot stove again. I love being able to wear pajama pants around the house and having a warm fire going!! :)
ReplyDelete