This past weekend the boys and I went on a quick short-notice trip to my mom's house so that Brandon could work on the ceramic tile in the kitchen. It was a good trip, lots of rain, which meant no outside playtime, but still a good visit. Brandon and Kristin came in from Colorado and we all got to see Miss Aubree for the first time. She is as cute as can be, baby rolls and all. (I just love babies with rolls)!
On the way home we took a planned detour to visit Uncle Matt's new apartment. The complex is very nice and in a great neighborhood, but really out too far in my opinion. However, there is an Ikea about five minutes away, which is probably my favorite store ever. Matt seems to be proud of his place and is hoping to find a new job as well. (We're praying for you Matt).
Uncle Matt was a great host and took us to the pool, where both boys had a great time. This was Reese's first pool experience and he just loved it. He is a little splasher, and loved dipping his face in the water. Although I think he might have swallowed half the pool. It didn't seem to phase him though. And the best part for Mom...he was exhausted after all the swimming and playing!
Rylie was in a life vest and therefore able to do some floating on his own. His bravery increased the longer we were there and by the end of the day he was jumping in the pool alone-while Matt and I sat in the chairs and watched. Of course, he had to yell at us when he wanted out, but I was so proud of him. His kicking is improving and I could definitely see evidence of our recent swim lessons at the city pool.
All in all it was a great visit. We had a blast and I think Uncle Matt was happy to see the boys. Thanks for letting us visit. We can't wait until next time. And next time I will be visiting Ikea.
No comments:
Post a Comment