August 5, 2008

Bargain Shopping

For anyone who really knows me, you know I love to bargain shop. I haven't always been a big fan. During my younger teen years and even up until I went away to college I thought the more I paid for a pair of jeans...the longer they would last. Oh, the errors of my ways. Now I love to save money. I am constantly checking out clearance aisles at all my favorite stores and it is a very rare activity for me to pay full price for anything. So recently I discovered through a friend a website called The Grocery Game. This site offers a service that scouts out local grocery stores for weekly sales and combines that weeks' coupons to list optimal savings. I have to pay a small fee, but it's just a bit over a dollar per week. This is my first week to use the service and I am addicted. It's real exciting to see the dollars taken off once they start scanning all the coupons. I know, weird huh...the things that I look forward to now-a-days. But because I don't work I have to do something to contribute and this makes me feel like I am making a difference. This week my best bargains included a 6 oz tube of toothpaste for 37 cents and 4 boxes of cereal for 75 cents each. And they were all name brand! Pretty good huh? Anyway I am just getting started so I'm sure there will be more to brag about later, but I am at least excited enough to continue trying to save money. Try it out...it's fun and well worth the small amount of extra effort using to cut the coupons.

1 comment:

  1. This seems right up my alley. I HATE paying full price!

    ReplyDelete