August 27, 2008

Early Signs of Success!


About a week ago we decided to give potty training a second go-round. This time we are allowing Rylie to wear "big boy undies" throughout the day and pull-ups only at night and nap time. We had a ton of accidents and I've gone through more bleach in a week than I normally do in a month, but we are starting to see progress. Praise God for the motivation and patience he has given us all.
Today Rylie ran into the kitchen while I was cooking dinner, "big boy undies" in hand and pronounced "Mommy, I go pee pee." My first thought was "oh no, where did he pee now?" He rushed me to the potty, which was still refilling itself, and said "Look, my pee pee in the potty all myself. I get stickie." And indeed he did. He repeated this three more times before bed. What an accomplishment. I am so very proud of my little guy, who is also remembering on his own to move his step-stool and wash his hands before leaving the bathroom. Way to go Rylie!
Perhaps this will continue, and then again maybe not. Either way I have a renewed spirit about potty training and I'm eager to continue. And by the way, the above picture is Rylie singing a song about going pee in the potty...he was in such a hurry to sing a celebration song he forgot to put his undies back on. What a cutie! I just hope this isn't a glimpse into the future...nude guitarist?!?

5 comments:

  1. That's my grandboy! Rylie bug Dee Dee is so proud of you for going pee pee in the potty all by yourself today! You know how I love to hear you sing and play the guitar, and I must say you certainly can pull off the nudie guitarist. Keep up the good work.

    Dee Dee loves you all the way to the stars and back again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's AWESOME. all the mother's of boys are SO rejoicing with you. you give us HOPE for the future! that'll be our next big feat! keep up the good work friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one of the greatest feelings in the world for a mommy. Potty training is hard stuff and it made me loose my mind! Now you know what's wrong with me!!! So congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very cute...he can be the preschool worship leader soon!!! Hey girl...wante dyou to knwo how excited I am about you pouring into these new Kindergarteners! Thanks for all you do and for sharing your kids with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one of the cutest pictures i have ever seen! There really is a naked guitarist in New York! I am not speaking that over him....Im just sayin'....! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete