May 21, 2012

Mother's Day in a Jar.


I am very fond of homemade gifts. I was a maker of all sorts of homemade gifts...still am, in fact, and now that I'm a Mom I'm also a receiver of homemade gifts. In my book, there is nothing better! No amount of money can express love like a sweet gift thought up and created with human hands, heart and soul.

This year for Mother's Day the four older kiddos worked together on this very special gift that I will treasure for many years to come. It truly is the BEST gift they've ever given me.

It was Cati's idea and I must say I'm quite proud of the little crafter she's becoming. All the boys worked with her to create Mother's Day in a Jar. An old empty spaghetti jar, in fact, filled with rolled up notes and topped with a cute muffin liner.

Here's what was written on all those colorful papers...

I love you.
I love you because you are the best Mom ever.
I love you because every time we're not grounded you let us play wii win we get home from school.
I love you because you let us go on walks.
I love you because you take us to church.
I love you because you take us to the movie theatre.
I love you because you are crafty.
I love you because you buy us clothes.
I love you because you love us.
I love you because you are pretty.
I love you because you teach us about God.
I love you because you let us play with Peyton.
I love you because you cook for us and you bake good things.
I love you because you let us watch a movie when we WERE grounded.
i love you because you are fantastic.
i love you because you are my Mom.
I love you because you let us sleep in the play room on the weekend.
I love you because you protect us.
I love you because you tuck me in bed.
I love you because you let us ride our bikes to school, sometimes.
I love you because you let us play with our friends.
i love you because you are nice.
I love you because you take us on vacations.
I love you because you try to make the house look pretty.
I love you because you are clever!
I love you because you take us to school.
i love you because you plan fun birthday parties.
I love you because you are HOT! (This one was ALL Rylie).
I love you because you take us to the park.
I love you because you let us spend the night at DeeDee's.
Happy Mother's Day from all your kids!

Aren't my kids amazing? They had so much fun telling me who came up with each love reason. This jar is now sitting on my desk and that's where it will stay. This gift made my heart smile! I love them so much and I'm so proud of each and every one of them. Being a Mom is the best feeling ever!

I hope all my mom friends out there had an amazing day with their families. Happy Mother's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment