April 8, 2009

Changing Day.

Although I'm not ready to go into detail just yet about the situation, I can say today will be a life changing day for our family. There are so many emotions that come along with this change that both Brandon and I are finding trouble expressing ourselves to each other and everyone else involved. At this point I think the best word I can conger is...numb. It's almost like you would feel about the death of a loved one, not just any loved one...but someone you were exceptionally close to. I cry on the inside but there are no more tears to stream down my face...they've all been cried. My eyes are swollen and my heart is broken for my family. However, amidst all the gloom of the situation I KNOW God has a plan for us. He has provided and proven Himself to us numerous times starting back in December when Brandon got a phone call from L3 (his new place of employment). I'm sure God has always been there saying "I'm here for you," and "I will provide for you." But lately His work has been so undeniably and strategically laid out that even the unbeliever would be convinced...God is setting us up for a huge work He plans to accomplish through us. And truthfully that is the only thing that keeps me going at this point. My flesh is tired, confused, overwhelmed, worried and even a little angry. My faith is my stronghold.
Today starts a completely new chapter, one I don't think I'm ready for, but then again God is a little wiser than I, and if he thinks I'm ready...bring it on. For those of you who are aware of the situation, and even for those of you who aren't, Brandon and I would appreciate your prayers, support and more prayers. This in no way is going to be easy and we need all the support we can rally. There will be more information in the coming weeks as disclosure becomes more appropriate. Until then I will be focused on this verse...which is one I recite to myself on a regular basis...

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything through prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7

6 comments:

  1. My prayers are with you, not matter what you are going through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will stand with you in prayer- Hang in there: God is a BIG God :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my prayers will be for you and your family. Remember Phillipians 4:13 " I can do all things through christ who strengthens me" It's helped me and I hope it helps you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know 1 day you'll look back on today and remember your emotions but know the truth in it all and and how Awesome God is! The Davis' are praying for you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I happened on your blog for the first time... I can relate... know you are not alone...

    ReplyDelete