February 26, 2009

Time for an Update.



























We Pugh's have been some busy folks these last few weeks. With Brandon being gone during the week and the boys and I always being "on-call" to vacate for another showing...the best word to describe our current situation is constant chaos. There are times of peace, although they are few and far between...and usually between the hours of 9 to 11 pm. Here's the latest...

Brandon:
Loves his new job. The only bad thing about it so far seems to be the drive...50 minutes one way. However, that will change once we permanently relocate. So it's the perfect job...as if there is such a thing.

Rylie:
Is getting so big! I seriously can't believe how big this child is getting to be. I never thought I'd be the kind of mom that would be sad once my children started to grow up...but I might have been wrong. He is acting and talking like a bigger boy now. It's incredible.

Loves to be my helper. Rylie loves to help cook, put groceries away, run bath water, feed the dogs, put dirty clothes in the hamper...and the list goes on. He's a great helper. Sometimes too much of one, but really it's fun to have someone love you so much that they desire to help with EVERYTHING.

Other highlights...is learning to dress himself, can get through most days (including naps) without any pee accidents, loves to sing beach party (yes, still), requests God music and George (I don't know which one I'm more proud of) while riding in the car, says prayer at dinnertime all by himself, colors in the lines, buckles his own seat belt, walks Mollie on a leash in the backyard and uses big boy toothpaste with fluoride. (Okay that's probably a bigger deal to me than Rylie...but for some reason I was terrified to let him...although he's great with it).

Reese:
Has learned so many words just in the last few weeks. It's amazing how quick he went from saying practically nothing to streaming three and four words together. I suppose that's what happens when you're the second child.

Has the cutest hair. I love shaggy hair, duh...and Reese finally has that sweet shaggy look and boy is it blond. I just think he is the cutest thing ever, duh...again.

Eats a lot. Every morning Reese puts away two bowls of oatmeal along with some kind of fruit as a side. He loves the stuff and wants it every morning. I can't even eat that much oatmeal in one setting.

Other highlights...likes to try and pee in the potty (although nothing ever comes out), loves his "bampbet" and carries it everywhere (Brandon calls him Linus), asks to talk on the phone to his DeeDee regularly, enjoys helping with the laundry, loves to name pictures in books, sings along with the beach party songs (this is very cute when heard in person), colors, and sneaks on the computer to push lots of buttons (which is not so cute).

Although we've been a busier than normal family lately, we are still very happy and learning to make the most of our not so desirable situation. God has a plan for us and we are anxious to see what that plan includes.

No comments:

Post a Comment