Today has been absolutely wonderful. I feel like I do my fair share of complaining when my children aren't so well-behaved, so I figured why not take a few minutes to brag on them when they are. Today started early...Reese woke soaked in pee at 6:20ish, much earlier than normal. After cleaning him we snuggled on the couch for almost an hour until Rylie woke. We had a great breakfast and Reese went down for his first nap at 9:45. I figured I was in for a long day since he was napping this early. To my surprise that was the first of three naps for Mr. Reese today. He is getting over a cold and for some reason has been extra tired today.
Rylie took a 2 hour nap as well...providing me with plenty of time to clean, do laundry and actually relax a bit. I feel well rested (even though I didn't nap) and very satisfied with my cleaner-than-it's-been-in-a-long-time house. What a great feeling.
Not only was it a great day for naps, but the boys have gotten along very well all day. Rylie only served one time-out, which for him is a super great day! Little Reese did a lot of dancing with Frosty and helped his bubba build a big choo-choo train out of legos. (Rylie likes to call it Polar Express). I just love when they actually play together...it makes my heart smile!
And to top it all off I get to go have dinner with some great friends (and fellow Bunco players) in Fort Worth tonight. I'm off to finish getting ready, but I had to take time and give thanks for such a great day!
I actually got to clean my house today as well! Much easier with one than it is with two I imagine! All the same, I rejoice with you! I am happy for your peaceful day!
ReplyDeleteyeah 4 lindsay! miss seeing you neighbor, but so thrilled you and the boys had a great day!
ReplyDelete