I would like to start this vent off by saying I love my husband and think he is a wonderful father to our children and a wonderful husband to myself...that being said I need to vent. Today was not a particularly good day. Rylie was sick all day. He threw-up six times, and all of them where horrible. He also had a slight case of the runs, which was less fun since we are potty training. To let you know just how bad it was...I had to change clothes three times today. GROSS! Anyway, Brandon took off about 30 minutes early to go fetch some Gatorade so we wouldn't have to get out...as if that would have been a real option. Once he got home things somewhat calmed down, which is usually the case, so he never saw the worst of it. All I had at that point were stories, and stories are never as dramatic as the real thing. So anyway, at some point I had asked him to please clean the toilet. (After today it was in sad shape my friend). I didn't expect him to run in and do it right then and even figured he would wait until the boys were in bed...and that was fine with me. I just didn't want to do it after the day I had. So much later he came into the living room and I asked for an update...his response..."I already cleaned it." Really I thought...I never saw you get the bleach and other cleaning supplies. So I asked...I mean really he had already begged the question, right?
ME: "Babe, what did you use to clean the toilet?"
HIM: "The boys baby wash. I didn't know what else to use."
ME: "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" (Yeah, there was a tone there. He cleans the toilet as often as I do on a regular basis and knows to use bleach).
HIM: "No." (In the calmest voice ever. As if he did nothing wrong.)
Needless to say we had a heated discussion about how to clean a toilet. This is the thing though, he knows better. Who cleans a toilet (especially one that has vomit and goodness knows what else on it) with baby wash? I mean come on. He does this about other things in the house too. Like laundry. Sometimes (note not all the time) when he decides to "take my advice" and help with the laundry he asks for my help. He can sort, put the clothes in the washer, but then needs to ask how to work it. But miraculously sometimes he remembers how to work it. Now for those of you who don't know my husband...he is not a lazy creature. Quite the opposite actually. He is literally the hardest worker I have ever known. So what is the deal? Maybe he just likes me taking care of him. Maybe it's his way of making me feel needed. Maybe he needs to sleep more. Maybe it's just a man thing. I am running out of theories. I just wish sometimes he could step back and see the decisions he makes. At least these are all little non-life-altering decisions, but still. It makes me tired. I truly sometimes feel like I live in a house with three children.
But at the end of the day I wouldn't trade him. He is great and I do love him. I just wonder what goes on in that head sometimes. (It's probably a good thing I don't know).
love this story!
ReplyDeletei can completely relate!
colby finds the ODDEST things to clean our bathroom with!
i really don't get it...
but hey at least they will help!
i'm trying to stay positive here!!!!
That's hilarious. I totally understand. :)
ReplyDeleteIf Brandon really cleans the toilet as much as you say he does, I need to take lessons from you! I dont know how DanE survived before we were married! I know that DanE likes that I take care of him and I am sure that Brandon likes it too, but I feel the same way you do! It makes me tired!
ReplyDeleteMy husband doesn't clean the house. He says everything inside is mine and everything outside is his.
ReplyDeleteI love that you were honest, it's good to know other people are experiencing what I am. I agree I don't get a man's logic and maybe there is a reason for that.
ReplyDeleteBless your heart!!! It doesn't sound like you had a good weekend either!! I hope the week gets better from here on. Maybe your husband needs weekly responsibilities inside the house to keep his memory in check on how "clean toilets". Good luck!!!
ReplyDeleteso paul cleaned up dog urine once with our kitchen sponge and then RETURNED it to the kitchen sink! it was a miracle i thought 2 quiz him about what he used...and then of course i made him throw it away! gross!
ReplyDeleteI would just like to take this opportunity to admit that I sometimes use baby wipes to dust... and even clean the kitchen counters sometimes.
ReplyDelete